Wednesday, August 11, 2010

28 weeks, 12 to go!

Another Wednesday! Another week. This week we begin the 12 week countdown. For some reason 12 weeks seems short. Much shorter than 13 weeks . . .

Fun facts for the week: the baby is 17 inches long! She probably won't get too much taller before she is born, but she'll easily double, and maybe even triple her weight before making her debut into our family. She's about 3 pounds right now.
She's been moving around a lot and her movements are getting bigger/stronger/more noticeable. She's quite the active kid! Especially at night. And so it beings, right? Maybe we can change her nocturnal habits . . . or maybe she'll change ours!

Not too much else to report. I've been moderately consistent in my gym attendance, which I'll count as a success! Swimming is the dream exercise for pregnancy, FYI. I've also been doing some low-impact weight lifting. Partly for health, and mostly because I'm freaked out about delivering a baby out of shape!

And now for this week's picture:























And finally - anyone out there have any thoughts/recommendations on childbirth classes? What's good? What's a waste of time? What's relevant?

1 comment:

  1. IHC offers a hand full of classes on breathing, parenting, etc. I only had the opportunity to go to two--one was the prenatal education course. I knew most of what they taught in that class because I was RIGHT THERE every step of the way when Candace had Lily. But it's a good course for McKay to maybe attend with you--helps daddy sort of understand what's going on with you and what to expect, etc. One that I would TOTALLY recommend is the breast feeding class. Do it. I think it's around $25 and it's soooo worth it. Ask lots of questions. Don't be shy. I wish I had asked more questions when I had a crying, hungry baby trying to gain sustenance. Save yourself some frustration and book that class right away. Be sure to take McKay with you.

    ReplyDelete