Friday, August 20, 2010

twenty nine + shower

I had my first baby shower last night - thanks to my in-laws!
Wendy and Monta were the treat champs. We sipped pink lemonade and enjoyed cupcakes and ice cream with peaches and chocolate sauce. Mmmmmm!

I got some essentials: onesies, hats, bibs, blankets


















and some luxuries: Cuddle-U, diaper genie, cash, and . . . the car seat I've had my eye on (coming soon)!


















And, feast your eyes on these:


















tiny + pink = inevitably cute! It's crazy & exciting to think of actually putting little feet into those shoes, or guiding tiny wiggly arms through mini onesie arm-holes. Wow.

In less than 11 weeks she'll be here! I'm 29 weeks along. My belly is growing. The baby has found out how to kick my bladder! I had my first charlie horse the other night that pulled me out of blissful slumber. And my first thought as I tried to move my leg was "there's no way I could deliver natural!" Ha ha! I guess I'm freaked about labor.

Weekly pics

Baby stats for the week: she's getting a bit fatter and her brain is getting those little grooves this week! She's starting to lose that white fuzzy hair covering her body as her brain and circulatory system are able to regulate her body temperature now. Pretty cool.

We are excited to have her here. But until then we'll keep watching movies every night and napping when we feel like it. It's only a matter of time before those luxuries are a thing of the past!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, she's coming so soon! Way to take advantage of life without a little one! And I had the exact same thought when I had a charlie horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to love that cuddle-u if you nurse! It will become a second lap!
    Steffanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally deliver naturally!!! lol Don't worry and be sure to control your thoughts when thinking about labor. Its hard to keep those in check as you get closer to delivery with not knowing what to expect, just trust that you're body, you, and your baby girl will know what to do. :)
    I am loving these pictures of you and your baby belly!
    Yes, very wise to NAP all.of.the.time! It will end soon! But its all worth it!
    If you have questions or need a pep talk about labor give me a call!

    ReplyDelete