Sunday, July 25, 2010

100 day countdown

As I write this, I am approximately six minutes away from the stroke of 12 . . . and the official 100th day until my due date! It seems like I should do something momentous to begin the countdown. A paper chain? Seems long. Spend $100 on clothes? fun, but probably not realistic. Make a list of 100 things to do before she's born? seems like a recipe for disappointment . . .

Something I would like to do before the baby comes is polish up a really cool piano piece I worked on back in high school but never really finished. I dusted it off this evening and remembered what a great piece it is. For those of you who are musically inclined, the piece is Variations Seriuses by Mendelssohn.

Check out a great old performance by Sviatoslav Richter:



Anyone have any fun countdown commemoration ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Get 100 taffy's and eat one a day, a Candy Chain:) Though they might start to get hard towards the end, maybe you could use gum or mints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 love notes to your new baby girl, in a little book for her to treasure when she's older.

    ReplyDelete