Friday, July 30, 2010

26 weeks

It's the last week of my second trimester and time is flying! The first 13 weeks felt twice as long as the last 13 have . . . and if the next 13 double in speed again . . . she'll basically be here tomorrow!

Fun facts for this week:
Our baby is over 2 pounds and is about 15 inches long! Measurement is now from head to foot, rather than crown to rump like in the early kidney bean days.

She is wiggling around a lot, especially at night.

Her hearing is getting better, and her taste buds are quite developed! Apparently she can get the hiccups now, if the amniotic fluid tastes . . . hiccupy.

And speaking of eating . . . she's giving me heartburn! I've never had heartburn problems in the past, no matter how spicy or crazy the food. It started out as a little sensation late at night around week 20 and has since grown into an almost 24/7 deal. I wake up feeling good - and fortunately I don't have trouble sleeping - but as soon as I eat - whether I eat cereal, jalapenos, or smoothies I'm packing some heat in the throat! Oh well. I've been downing Tums and I've gotten some suggestions on other remedies as well. I'll survive!

Next, for your viewing pleasure . . .

26 week pictures - complete with maternity jeans line!

for a fun comparison, check out week eight to see this same shirt without a 15 inch baby underneath!





































































We are sure getting excited for our little girl! Yesterday we picked out fabrics for a quilt Monta (McKay's mom) is making for us. We also decided what we want the blessing dress to look like and Monta is going to get cranking on that too. We got our first official baby gift from McKay's Mom's cousin - complicated, I know, but she's like an aunt to us. She's also a quilter and made us a really cute baby quilt. It's fun putting stuff in the nursery!! All we need now is a little dresser and I think we'll have the nursery covered . . . minus bedding . . . and paint . . . okay so just the furniture will be taken care of. It's a good start . . .

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'm loving your tummy so much that even though I delivered only 4 days ago- after the 5 days of intense active labor and then a c-section- you are making me want to be pregnant! Trouble...
    Good luck with the nursery. Painting is always fun. :) When is your baby shower? I'm assuming you are going to have one.
    Sorry about the heart burn. Maybe she will come with a bunch of hair. Brodrick has the most hair of all my three and I FOR SURE had the most heart burn with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you find your scrumptulescent maternity tops??? I like this one and the striped one above and WANT THEM!!! :)

    Also, why can't I "follow" your blog? Because I would like to do that...

    EMily Tingey (Stevens)

    ReplyDelete