Friday, July 9, 2010

blog slacker

guilty as charged.

Turns out the past two weeks have flown by without a blog post! Yikes. Sorry about that.

I'm 23 weeks (and 2 days) today! Our little squiggly is 8 1/2 inches long - as in standard letter size! I think an envelope is much easier to visualize than an ear of corn - which is this week's vegetable of description. Why random veggies, I wonder?

Anyway, she also weighs around a pound and a half - though I wouldn't be surprised if she's a bit ahead of schedule- it seems like there's a rock in my belly! And I've got 4 months and 6 or 7 more pounds of baby before she's here . . . wish me luck.

In other good news, I finally hit the jackpot with maternity clothes! Remember those jeans I wrote about a couple weeks ago? Well, they were good but only medium good. I just figured they were as good as I was going to get. But thanks to Ross (dress for less!) I found a pair of real, honest to goodness, perfect fit skinny jeans for just $13.99!! That's right - a fraction of the price of the other jeans (which I will be returning this afternoon). I got a few cute tops as well, for about 8 or 9 bucks each. What a relief! Affordable clothes that can help me out of this frump slump I've been in!

Now that we know she's a she the name game is back in full swing. And we're struggling. We go back and forth on names all the time. Whatever name you've heard as "the latest favorite" is probably out-dated and off our list (at least temporarily) by now. We have a current favorite but maybe I'll let it simmer for a few days before publicly adding it to our very volatile "list". Maybe we should do a prize giveaway or something for the person with the winning name suggestion! At least we have a few months to figure that out . . .

Pictures forthcoming!! Happy Friday

3 comments:

  1. Ross is my FAVORITE store! Glad you were able to find some cute clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back, I've missed following your pregnancy. Although that could sound weird. I'm just uber excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the clothes dilemma! I have approximately one skirt and two pairs of pants coupled with a few tops... I'm pretty sure my co-workers think I'm a hobo.

    ReplyDelete