Wednesday, October 13, 2010

officially full term

I'm 37 weeks today, which makes me officially "full term".  If I went into labor tonight our baby girl would not be considered pre-mature.  But I think the extra couple weeks will be good for her.  So I guess I'll be patient...

my 37-week belly
I'm almost getting used to my bowling-ball-belly.  I barely even notice it getting bigger these days, although I'm reminded when I try to do things like put socks on, shave my legs, pick anything up that is below knee-level, and one of the hardest tasks: turn over in bed.

Last weekend my sisters-in-law gave me a family baby shower - I'm so spoiled!  It turned out great - good food, and lots of cuddly pink gifts.  Nesting mode is in high-gear and I've been suppressing the urge to go out on a baby shopping spree until after my baby showers.  But that hasn't stopped me from organizing and reorganizing the baby's room!  I have gentle detergent ready to use on my already sorted newborn-3 month clothes and blankets.

It's getting so close now!  But I will say, nine months is a long time to be pregnant.  I'm getting more and more excited to meet our little girl and see what she looks like.  I feel like we're little buddies already!  She seems to wake up and start moving around when McKay and I wake up and start talking in the morning.  It's like she wants to be part of the fun.  She's pretty cool.

Let the 3 week countdown begin!  And don't forget to add your birth day guess to the Baby Thomas Guessing game (top right).

6 comments:

  1. You are too cute with your round belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You surely are a cute pregnant lady! How fun for you guys-a perfect addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good for being "full term"! You seriously look like you're just wearing a fake belly under your clothes. Keep hanging in there, you're in the final stretch and you're going to be such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your belly. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said your "bowling ball belly"- that's exactly what it looks like. :) I'm so excited for you guys! You'll have to bring her to Singers some time so we can all fawn over her (and you of course!!) Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you have had a blog this long and I didn't know about it until about 6 weeks ago. I have really been missing out!! Good luck with the last few weeks. You look darling and it's only up from here with the baby - you're gonna love being a momma!

    ps. I'm with you on turning over!! Sam says it's like sleeping with a beached whale, and I'm not even offended. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute. I want all your maternity clothes! 3 week countdown! no way! I'm so excited to see the little babe. You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete