Monday, October 4, 2010

one month to go

Yesterday was officially one month before my due date! Worthy of a blog post, I think. Here's proof that you really do keep growing like mad as the end draws near!
1 month to go!

So, it's the final countdown! It seems like a couple weeks ago I was writing the 100 day countdown post. Now, to be 30 days away feels unreal. I've spent some time looking back over some of my first posts to this blog. It's crazy how quickly my due date is approaching, and yet how long ago those early days seem now. It's funny how big I felt like I was getting even six weeks ago. Now my 30 week picture makes me look small! I'll just plan on doubling in size this month - no surprises.

We got our car seat the other day and will soon be driving around with it installed, empty, and ready at any moment!

This past weekend was wonderful. Conference had some great parenting messages, I thought. Particularly Larry Lawrence. Wow! Even though his message was directed to parents of teenagers I ate up every word. Great counsel. Between sessions on Saturday we met up with Monta to pick out the lace she'll be putting on the blessing dress she made for us. I'm allowed to brag about my mother-in-law, right? She's amazing! The dress is beautiful, with smocking around the sleeves, collar, and bottom ruffles. And now she's furiously quilting a baby quilt - when she's not teaching her 9th graders, hiking, or training for marathons. What a woman!

Saturday night my mom and Monta and I went to dinner while our men were at Priesthood session. Over dinner I discovered that all my mom's babies (minus the two boys who were premature) were high 8 pounders, and that Monta had one baby under nine pounds, and two over nine pounds- all of which had huge noggins - and yes, McKay was Monta's biggest baby.

So I'm preparing myself for a giant baby with a giant head! But, I hear big babies are good sleepers, so let's cross our fingers for that! McKay insists that she'll be small - his attempt at keeping me calm, I think! So we decided to start collecting guesses for our baby's arrival day, time, height, and weight. Here's what we've got so far (baby's due date = November 3rd)

McKay's guess: November 1, 3:00pm. 6lbs, 5 oz (refused to give an inches guess, don't ask me why!)
My mom's guess: October 27, 1:15pm. 8lbs, 12 oz // 21 inches
My dad's guess: November 1, 2:14pm. 7lbs, 12 oz // 19.5 inches
My brother, Randy's guess: November 2, 5:30am. 7 lbs // 22 inches
My guess: November 4, 10:17am. 8 lbs, 2 oz // 22 inches

Join in the fun by adding your guesses to the mix! Check out "Baby Thomas Guessing Game" at the top right of this blog.

3 comments:

  1. oh steph! i'm so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow just one month and then you'll be a mommy!! And then you won't be able to remember your life before your baby girl. Well you're looking great so keep hanging in there! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird. I saw a comment above from Emily and I thought "I really don't remember posting that.."

    Your belly is gigantuan!!! I look at my belly now at 24 weeks and think "hm. Maybe I'll just be one of those people who doesn't show much." But then I look at pictures of you over the past couple months and you really do start growing like...every week! BAH! It looks NOT comfortable....

    ReplyDelete