Friday, June 25, 2010

21 weeks

Hooray! I now have fewer weeks to wait than I have been pregnant. Woooohoooo!

Baby stats for 21 weeks:

Our little girl is the size of (and I quote) a "spaghetti squash". Well that doesn't really help me at all. Maybe I'm just not a gourmet cook, but it doesn't seem like that is the kind of vegetable that I interact with on a regular basis. For those who are equally confused, that equals about 8 inches. And she weighs about one pound this week! We've graduated from ounces to pounds, alright!

She is refining her sense of touch this week, and because there is nothing to play with in there, she will likely grab the umbilical cord from time to time to practice her grabbing skills!

She is also able to perceive light more behind those sealed eyelids, so if I shine a flashlight on my belly she should be able to perceive it! Cool.

Her hair has no pigment yet, so if we could see her she'd be sporting bright white hair!

And, she's doubtless getting cuter by the week!

Mommy stats for 21 weeks:

I'm starting to get uncomfortable . . . already. I'm noticing my belly just being in the way and annoying! I can't lie on my back anymore without being pretty uncomfortable. When I get too full I instantly become immobile and want to lie down for a day or two. Also, I better get exercising asap cause I'm getting to be pretty weak sauce. I get winded walking up the stairs/small hills. Yikes. Gotta get swimming, walking, yoga-ing or something!

Fortunately, I'm still feeling really good. I've been blessed with a mild pregnancy, and aside from some emo days and mood swings, I'm typically feeling great. I will admit, I still love to take naps whenever possible, but they aren't essential to my quality of life.

Picture of the week - and I know it looks way yellow! My attempts at doctoring it up failed - better luck next time, huh?



1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind, Steph, you're heart is doing overtime now that you're pregnant and the bigger baby gets, the more work your body is doing. Don't feel bad about getting winded!! I would most definitely recommend prenatal yoga though--the breathing techniques and pelvic floor exercises are REALLY beneficial! Plus, it will help you open up your hips and whatnot to make L&D easier on you!

    ReplyDelete