Thursday, September 16, 2010

the next 48 days

Down to seven weeks! It's hard to believe I am 33 weeks now. I remember how far away November felt in the early days. It seemed like all my friends were racing through their pregnancies and having their babies and I was still a bumpless, grumpy, boy-or-girl? first trimester-er. But, here we are! Time marches on.

The growing bump

Sometimes I wonder how pregnant I really look. I'm getting so used to this bowling ball that I imagine myself looking like a moderately normal person. Then I see the profile shots! And I remember. And I wonder how the next seven weeks will look! Here is me seven weeks ago . . .

26-week me! I've done lots of growing since then . . .

Baby stats of the week: she's around 5 pounds and 20 inches long this week! Her fingernails are long (and may need a trim ASAP once she gets here!). She continues to flail around inside, despite being more and more cramped in her quarters! We are getting so excited to have her here . . . and I can see how people get anxious toward the end. Every couple days I feel like I should be another week along. It's not that the days feel long, I'm really enjoying my schedule and have started to structure my days with little projects and goals before teaching my afternoon lessons. But still, in baby time, I feel like I should be about ready to deliver!

On a final note, I'm very excited for my ward baby shower tonight. A huge shout out and thank you to Kim Allgood (the champion of celebrations, cooking, and giving me mom/home advice!) for putting it together. Should be a party!!

With that, I better get to my structured day!

1 comment:

  1. I remember feeling like a normal looking person, too! It's really strange to go back and look at your pregnancy pictures after it's all over... then you realize how big you really were! haha. You really look great though. It's almost done now, yay! keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete