Tuesday, September 28, 2010

thirty four . . . thirty five . . .

Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose! Tomorrow marks 35 weeks and I didn't even post for 34 weeks. I do have a picture from last week, though. Here for your viewing pleasure . . .

I can't believe I got this zipped up! It was a struggle, but I wanted to see if I could do it. Little baby must not have appreciated the additional confinement because she started banging on my belly to let me know I was cramping her style!
You're free! You're free!


I'm really starting to feel huge these days! Moving, in general, is getting tricky. Getting out of bed is laughable, and happens once or twice each night as our little jokester thinks it's funny to use my bladder as her pillow! But it's all part of the ride, and we're getting very close to the end! Nesting mode is in full swing. I love looking at adorable tiny clothes online, making lists of the things I still need/want, and hitting up Baby Gap's sale rack.

I have pretty regular dreams about having the baby. Although they are typically unrealistic . . . she's often a boy and there's usually no pain/tearing/trauma from labor (hope that dream comes true!). Breastfeeding must be on the subconscious brain all the time because getting my dreamworld baby to latch is almost always the main theme of my dreams! The other night, my "baby" was a little boy with several teeth when I was trying to teach him to latch. I'll have to take that one to the dream interpreter . . .

The only thing left for the nursery is a dresser. I've been hitting up KSL pretty regularly but have yet to find the winning piece (maybe we'll check out DI?). This hasn't stopped me from organizing, folding and refolding her various jammies, blankets, onesies, pants and hats . . . several times! It's unbelievable how close we're getting. Our emotions are all over the place and typically bounce around between fear, anticipation, gratitude, and over-the-top excitement.

It's the home stretch, folks. Thanks for following along! In roughly one month we'll be parents . . . any final words of advice?

1 comment:

  1. First of all--don't forget craigslist! I found some awesome baby stuff on there for Gabriel.

    Advice: Be patient--with yourself and your little one. You're all going to be new to this parent-child situation and it will take some getting used to. There will be nights where you can barely stay awake long enough to finish feeding her. There will be times when you'll want to break down into tears (and you probably actually will) because she won't stop crying and go to sleep. There will be times when you feel completely helpless and inadequate as a new mother. There will be times when you have no idea what you are doing or what you should be doing. But all of that is okay. Everyone goes through it. To all of this I say again, be patient. You will be overwhelmed at first, but then things will calm down and become more routine.

    The joys of parenthood are completely indescribable. You and McKay are about to embark on life's greatest journey and I couldn't be happier for you! You will love in a way you have never loved. You will get excited about the tiniest (seemingly) insignificant little actions and sounds. Everything is more fun and more exciting. You are soon to spend your days staring that the most beautiful being you have ever seen and you will wonder how you created such a wonderful thing. You and McKay are going to make awesome parents! But always remember: Patience! (lay baby down, breathe, walk down the hall and back and you'll feel much better!! haha)

    ReplyDelete