Thursday, September 2, 2010

thirty-one

One more week down! I'm two months away from my due date and I'm feeling good. My belly seems to be growing by the second. I run it into everything and find peanut butter smudges, make-up, and pen on my protruding bulge far too often! Thanks to Oxi-clean (five points to Kim for introducing me to this wonder product) my clothes have a fighting chance of making it through these next 9 weeks.

look at the size of that thing!

Our baby is still kickboxing a lot - especially at night! But she's filling up her little home so her jabs have less room to build momentum! That being said, I'm also feeding her well, so she's fattening up nicely, which means those elbows and knees she's throwing around are getting stronger!

It's been really fun for McKay to see and feel her moving these past weeks. It's exciting for him to feel connected to my 24/7 companion. This week he pointed out that my belly is "significantly bigger" than last week. Thanks, honey. But seriously, it's so fun to be in this stage of so much change and growth and movement! I'm glad he's excited (and observant!). I really can't imagine how much bigger I'll be by the time November rolls around.

31 weeks


On a final note, tomorrow I'm heading up to the Uintas with McKay's family. We'll be hiking an easy (or so I'm told) mile in to our camp site and staying until Monday morning. We have all our stuff in backpacks - including food (think oatmeal, trail mix and freeze-dried dinners) for 3.5 days. Am I crazy? Maybe. I have a little air mattress, fortunately. But 4 days in the wilderness with no couch/bed/shower/toilet (yep, we'll be digging holes)... Adventurous for sure! I do enjoy the outdoors, I've just never gotten so cozy with nature... and at 7 months pregnant! Fingers crossed...

5 comments:

  1. You're doing and looking great! though I don't know how you will be able to handle camping... that will be an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, way to make the rest of us look bad -- looking fantastic and off to brave the wild like it's no big deal. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait till you have the baby, then your shirts will really never be clean :) You look great though and that is awesome that you are going camping! I went rollerbladding with my family about a month before...that was interesting haha. Good luck and have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay first of all--you look amazing! Seriously. McKay is such a lucky guy. Second--you're going to get bigger and bigger every day and just when you think you can't possibly stretch your skin out anymore....you'll get bigger. Fair warning. But it's for a good cause! And hey--you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful. It is so fun to see your progress. I can't wait to read how your camping adventure went. Thanks for blogging your pregnancy and feelings, etc.

    ReplyDelete