Wednesday, May 19, 2010

sixteen weeks

Another Wednesday = another week!

The baby is getting big these days - up to 5 whole inches! My little blueberry has gone through several fruit-transformations, passed the avocado stage of last week and is now my little turnip! He/she weighs between 3-5 ounces and although the tiny eyelids remain shut, the eyes have finished moving to their proper place in the front of the head and the baby will start perceiving light this week (although I'm wondering how light it can be in there . . .) The baby should be putting on a little body fat this week - and I'm sure I'm helping with my fatty food cravings. There's lots of sucking and swallowing practice going on and within the next week or two his/her unique fingerprints will be formed. Wow! Hopefully I'll be feeling the baby move in the next couple weeks. Here's this week's illustration:


It's about time to move on to some better-fitting clothes I think. I've been wearing more and more skirts as my jeans end up unbuttoned at any chance I get (usually driving home in the car). I'm feeling less tired overall, and have a healthy appetite - with some food aversions still in full force.

I'm excited to make the ultrasound appointment at my Dr. visit tomorrow morning. Only a few more weeks until we know if our turnip is a boy or girl!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to hear all about your ultra sound! You are going to LOVE IT!! There is nothing like seeing your baby that's been growing in you on a screen and see all of the organs/bones that have grown from just two tiny cells.

    ReplyDelete