Wednesday, May 26, 2010

seventeen weeks

Wow! I'm 17 weeks and growing! I went shopping for my first maternity clothes last night and it was . . . interesting. I thought it would be so fun - I love shopping! But it ended up being medium frustrating. It seems like everyone wants to put pregnant women in the biggest pants possible. ALL the jeans I looked at (save maybe one or two pair) were boot cut or flair! Like the style we wore in middle school, remember? I'm partial to straight leg/skinny's but found a hard time finding anything resembling stylish that didn't cost half a mortgage payment (give or take!).

I finally settled on a pair that I like pretty well from Gap (but I think I'm going to exchange it for a better size today). And at least I got a lot of walking in last night as I went from one end of the mall to the other.

The good news is that I'm finding tops more appealing. Finally my belly looks like a cute little baby bump, rather than a muffin top bulging out of old clothes. I got a couple simple, cheap shirts which made me happy.

Well, I was about to upload a picture of me for this week but I hate all of them! Turns out maybe I don't love these jeans. Back to the store :(

Here are a few stats of the week to conclude this post:
Baby is 5 1/2 inches (crown to rump) and about five ounces (my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe, which can be seen in my growing bump!)
Baby has mastered yawning this week and is moving like crazy - I should be able to feel the baby move soon!
The baby's nervous system is maturing like wildfire this week and he/she is becoming more conscious of the sounds he/she is hearing inside!

More to come and I promise a picture when I get into some decent clothes!!

1 comment:

  1. Buy a pair of skinny jeans that you like and then have your amazing-mother-of-a-seamstress sew them into maternity jeans for you!
    You'll save money and its not too hard, and especially won't be for your mom. I made a maternity skirt after watching a tutorial I found on youtube for making a pair of your jeans into maternity jeans. Super easy! If you have questions let me know!

    ReplyDelete