Wednesday, May 12, 2010

fifteen weeks


Another week has flown by! Because I didn't get a decent picture last week for 14 I'm including a quick self-portrait of my belly that I sent to a friend. It will have to do.

14 weeks

Wow, I'm five weeks away from the ultrasound - and from halfway! Crazy! It's funny how sometimes it seems like I'm not even very pregnant and everyone around me is finding out genders and having babies and I'm not making very good progress. And then I realize that I'm almost halfway through. Wow. Funny pregnant times.

Here are some week 15 stats:
-The baby can hear this week! It's time to start music lessons . . . do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-ti-do!
-The baby's bones are strengthening and growing this week - especially in the backbone - so he/she will be straightening out a bit more this week.
-The baby is between 4 and 5 inches long and is a whopping three ounces.
Good work, baby!
-The baby's skin is nearly translucent right now so if we could take a peek, we could see all the tiny blood vessels at work! Cool.
-And finally, if the baby is thumb-sucker, he/she will find that thumb this week! This week's illustration from "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" shows that possibility!


A couple of mom stats:
-I can feel the top of my uterus under my bellybutton (if you are interested in that kind of thing).
-It's day 105 of pregnancy. I thought about doing something cool for day 100 - but I didn't think of it until after it passed. Oh well. I can probably think of 100 reasons why I'm excited and 100 more reasons why I'm scared, but no one would want to read that. So just imagine it.

Well, once I shower I'll post my 15 week picture. I promise this time. No backing out.

1 comment:

  1. You must teach your baby solfege in the womb. Mi fi si la!

    Such exciting stuff going on!!! I can't believe you're almost halfway.

    We're excited to see you guys on Monday:)

    ReplyDelete