Monday, April 12, 2010

10 weeks and then some

I was so excited for my ten week post . . . a quarter of the way through my pregnancy! But then time somehow flew by and I'm two days away from eleven weeks! So here are the latest stats:

My little fruit salad has gone from blueberry to raspberry to plum and now is the size of a lime! A whole two inches or more. And now the baby weighs enough to measure - a third of an ounce!

McKay will be out of town visiting Kimball at Harvard and cheering Monta on at the Boston Marathon later this week so the highly-anticipated heartbeat appointment has been moved a week! I'm so anxious to hear it!!! But of course I want McKay there more, so the official appointment is April 22. I am looking forward to knowing that all is as it should be in there. It's still hard to believe - I'm ready to hear some feedback from my little tyke.

It's crazy to think that in a couple weeks I'll be in my second trimester. I'm so grateful that I've made it this far with minimal illness (though a lot of sleepiness!)

And the breaking news of the week is that we've finally agreed on ONE girl's name for our list (of one).

The List
Millie

It's a variation of McKay's grandma's middle name - Mildred (which she hates, but she approves of Millie!).

We'll have to leave a middle name for another discussion, but at least the hardest part is over. In another 8 weeks or so we'll find out the gender. Wow!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Millie is so cute :D I love it! Glad you're still feeling good. See you Wednesday! PS: I have some fun news to share, remind me to tell you when we get together!
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have you know that we call Amelia- Mills and Millie, after my grandma who was Mildred, and we picked Amelia since Millie could be a shortened version of her name and we could still commemorate my grandma. Its a great name!
    LOVE it.
    Any boy names?
    Oh and I'm glad that you named not being sick as a blessing as you are listing them because you sure did luck out! THAT is a HUGE blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie- I thought of you when we decided on Millie, however I didn't know that your grandma is Mildred too! And we have a whole slew of boy names we like. Mostly last names of church guys, like Maxwell, Holland, Rockwell, etc. (Max, Rock or Rocky) we are set on boys!

    (And yes, I am eagerly counting my well- blessings!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's such a cute name!!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited you're expecting! :-)

    ReplyDelete