Friday, April 16, 2010

11 weeks!

Wow! I'm closing in on the end of my first trimester. 6 days until the heartbeat. 6 days until graduation. 60 something days til we find out the gender.

It's time for the weekly picture updates, but McKay has the camera in Boston. Since I missed last week's picture I couldn't miss this week so I did my best with my iPhone at arm's length. Here is me at 11 weeks.




And in response to my crazy hunger post I went to the store in between studying ribosomes and cytokineses. I stocked up on a few of my unhealthy cravings. I cooked up the Scooby-Doo shaped noodles while I watched half of a couple lame movies on Netflix.




Week 11 Baby stats
length: 2.5 inches - the size of a "large" plum
weight: .5 ounces (about how much Rachel and Greg's wedding announcements weigh)

This week the baby is working on hair follicles, fingernails, a "tongue palate", normal-looking ears and gender specific organs!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on week 11! This is really fun to watch your progress and your reflections on your pregnancy. I love reading about your cravings! Can't wait to read your thoughts on hearing the heartbeat for the first time. How joyous to enjoy this with you via blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too have been studying ribosomes and cytokenesis. what are they again?? so glad we are done!!!

    ReplyDelete