Tuesday, April 13, 2010

hormone overload

If you read my family blog post yesterday I waxed nostalgic about the last day of school, memories of college, blah blah blah. So I was ready to enjoy my last day of school with childlike excitement today!

The day started out fine: I slept in and then lounged around a bit with a bowl of cereal. I read some blogs and dilly-dallied until I headed upstairs to shower. The shower was great; nice and warm and relaxing. But when I tried to find something to wear, things really started going downhill.

My rear end, which has always been quite a healthy size is ballooning out of control. Does my profile look like a cute pregnant woman? No! I look like a donut addict. Plus, I hate all my clothes right now. Everything I put on was a mistake. Outfit after outfit went from the closet hanger to the growing pile on the floor. And it's not like I have that many jeans options these days. I have a huge stack of great-looking denim that my niece could probably wear. But not me!

What I wish I looked like when I had nothing to wear . . .



















I finally settled on the least-repulsive shirt and the jeans that I wear every day now. I threw in some jewelry to draw attention away from my squishy mid-section. Now I'm eating lunch in my messy kitchen, avoiding the vegetables that are sitting, ready to nourish, on my plate.

Maybe I'll just go back to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Skirts will be your best friend while you are pregnant! I feel you on this. Junk in the trunk grows when you're with child. :)

    ReplyDelete