Sunday, March 7, 2010

baby Thomas coming in November!

I found out just over a week ago that I'm pregnant!

It's overwhelming, surreal, exciting, and unbelievable all at the same time! I've been downloading pregnancy apps and podcasts on my iPhone. I've been googling things and calling insurance providers and hospitals. I've been eating every couple hours and hitting the bathroom about as often ;) I've been a bit wacked emotionally and I blame it entirely on the hormones!

We just broke the news to our family this weekend. We invited both our parents, siblings and local grandparents to our house, under the guise of a housewarming party. When everyone was gathered I put out the place cards - which had their names as our baby will know them - Uncle Scott, Great-grandma Smith, etc. The back read "The Newest Thomas Arriving Early November". As people discovered their name tags a little ripple of excitement went through the kitchen. Congratulations and hugs were given, and then we chowed down on soup and rolls.

So far I have noticed small changes - I'm tired and hungry, I have to go to the bathroom a lot, I'm weird, and I'm getting a bit squishy! I've felt a bit car-sick a couple of days, but nothing too bad . . . I hear that part is just around the corner though! Week five will be wrapping up this week and we'll see how week six treats me. Fingers crossed!

McKay and I are thrilled and yet it still hasn't fully sunk in. There will be times when it hits us . . . there's a person growing inside me! But other times it doesn't feel real. I'm sure the baby will have a way of making it more and more real as time goes by!

Here's to nine healthy, uneventful months!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and McKay. On Saturday, I wondered, but of course didn't ask. What exciting news! You will be a wonderful Mom! Wow, graduating from college, new home, and a new baby soon. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the car sickness works out better with you than it did with me. I never had a problem with it before pregnancy and have had a problem with it ever since--31 years now!

    ReplyDelete