Friday, March 12, 2010

week 6 - here with a vengeance!


Over the last few days I've been feeling pretty good about things. I've had to get up early for some 6:30am piano lessons, but have woken up feeling surprisingly good. Tired, yes, but as far as "morning sickness", I figured it had been mis-named! Well, week six is here . . . and I take it all back!

Last night I got home earlier than normal from teaching piano. McKay and I actually got to enjoy an evening together! I made an experimental curry dish - which turned out - and then I enjoyed a warm bath (not too hot of course, watching out for my little blueberry!) Afterward I got in bed - just to lounge! I had every intention of getting back out to brush my teeth and take my pre-natal vitamin. Of course I fell right to sleep - was I really surprised? Around 5:45 I woke up to my rotting teeth. I had to brush them! I found my way to the bathroom and squeezed a glob onto my toothbrush in the darkness. During this activity I recalled how un-sick I felt and how mornings were easy for me! I popped my vitamin - probably a bad idea on an empty stomach - and got back in bed. A few minutes later a wave of nausea hit me like a cruel, ironic joke.

So I scurried downstairs and brought a pack of saltines up to bed with me. I chomped a couple as I fell back asleep. When I woke up for the day I was not only greeted by my cute husband, but by a queasy cramping in my stomach. My baby wasn't the only one in the fetal position this morning!

Luckily McKay is a good man and gave me a blessing which helped me feel better. A berry smoothie and some crackers later, I'm still feeling pregnant . . . but it's not quite as bad. And the best news of all is that it's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment