Tuesday, March 16, 2010

evening of hunger


I'm in a Bible as Literature class on Tuesday evenings, which is awesome. On March 23 we'll be having a Passover Feast complete with bitter herbs, flat-bread, and an official candle lighting ceremony. For some reason, I got my dates mixed up and was expecting a grand feast when I went to class this evening. So, I went there a bit hungry so I would be ready to enjoy all the fixins!

When I got to class and realized that it was business as usual, my heart sank . . . into my empty stomach. Minutes into the 2.5 hour class I felt like a ravenous beast! I started craving french dip sandwiches and pizza. The only feeling that rivaled my hunger was my exhaustion. Walking in that warm sun today (thumbs up!) just tuckered me out.

I was in trouble! I was sleepy, starving, and hadn't done my reading for the class because I thought it was feast day! Fortunately class was interesting (and so were the blogs I read on the side) and the last half went by faster than the first half.

As soon as I was free I cruised over to Arby's - for the first time in years, perhaps - and chowed a couple Jr. Roast Beefs and some curly fries. Mmmmm, blissful. Thanks, Arby's!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you on the fries. Although this last week has been a "no meat" week for me. Just the thought -- YUCK.

    ReplyDelete